About Destination Kindergarten
Destination Kindergarten is the library’s program aimed at preschoolers and their caregivers- trying to help them practice the skills they need to be ready for Kindergarten. During each Destination Kindergarten event, preschoolers and their caregivers can find a specalized area in the library with fun books, take-home activities, and information about development milestones and school readiness.
See below for more information on upcoming events and take-home packets and activities.
ITEMS OR ACTIVITIES TO PICKUP OR DOWNLOAD
Participants can stop by the Destination Kindergarten area at any library location and pick up a backpack, stamper for their Bingo card, CDC Child Development Milestones, a Growth Chart, and printed versions of materials that may be downloaded here:
Kindergarten Readiness Checklists
The skills your preschooler should know and practice before Kindergarten
- Early Literacy Checklist: English Español
- Science, Music, Art, and Technology Checklist: English Español
- Math Skills Checklist: English Español
- Language and Communication Checklist: English Español
- Social and Emotional Development Checklist: English Español
- Fine and Gross Motor Skills Checklist: English Español