Book a Librarian
Meet with a librarian for one-on-one consultation. Please submit the Book a Librarian Appointment Request Form or call 859-231-5500 during business hours to schedule an appointment. Appointments are scheduled Monday-Friday during Library business hours and typically last 30 to 45 minutes. We will contact you for your appointment as quickly as possible.
Please note: We will do our best to honor your Book a Librarian request. However, due to staff expertise and availability, your preferred Library location may be unable to provide assistance on a given topic. In this case, your request may be referred to a different Library location or declined. We appreciate your understanding.
- Library Tours for schools and groups.
- Learn more about using the Library's catalog and/or databases.
- Learn to download ebooks, eaudiobooks, digital magazines and more to your mobile device or ereader. We can also help troubleshoot these services.
- Find a good read for you, your children, or your book group.
- Thematic Units Reader's Advisory for teachers, childcare workers, homeschoolers, and parents, based on theme and age range.
- In-class visit from a librarian.
We are happy to proctor tests at our locations. Please include the following details about your test:
- If the test is online or paper-based, and if the test will need to be mailed back to your school.
- Testing time limit.
- School requirements of the proctor.
We may not be able to proctor every test, and you may be referred to a different branch if your selected location is unable to schedule you.
Some Things We Cannot Help With:
- We do not provide medical, legal, or business advice or opinions.
- We cannot type or proofread your documents.
- We do not offer technical support or troubleshooting except when it relates to library resources. We can help you find local resources to solve your technology problem.
Who is eligible to make an appointment?
This service is available to all individuals, organizations and businesses.
Where do I go?
Your Book a Librarian contact will share details with you in advance, including the phone number or online tools that will be used to conduct your appointment (if applicable).
Who will be helping me?
Your information needs will determine who is best suited to assist you.
How long will the appointment be?
Each appointment will last approximately 30-45 minutes.
What do I do if my appointment is declined?
If your appointment is declined, we will do our best to include other local resources that would be of help to you for your request.
I need to cancel my appointment.
Please call 859-231-5500 or email your Book a Librarian contact as soon as you can to cancel an appointment. We are happy to reschedule your appointment for a more convenient time.