- Recommended for teens.
- Starting the day you pick up this reading log, read anything you like—books, magazines, newspapers, even listen to audio books or try a playaway.
- Read a little bit each day.
- Keep track of how much time you spend reading on your reading log.
- You can also earn minutes by doing activities listed on the back of your reading log.
- Limit 5 hours of activities, please.
- When you've read 15 hours, bring this reading log into the Library for a free book of your choice.
- All finishers will receive an invitation to an end-of-summer party for teens.
- Turn in the entry form for a chance to win other prizes.
NOTE: You can't get prizes the same day you sign-up.
- Don’t Forget! Your school required reading will count DOUBLE toward your reading time.
- All reading logs need to be returned by July 31st, 2012.
- When you return your completed reading log you can enter to win Prizes! 
School Summer Reading Lists
- Find your school 
Tracking Your Reading Time
Use a clock, watch, or stopwatch to keep track of your reading time.
Fill in a section on your reading log for each 15 minutes of reading time.
You can also earn minutes by doing activities.
Activities can count for up to a total of 5 hours of reading time
- Earn double minutes for school required reading. For example: 15 minutes of school required reading will count for 30 minutes.
- Bring a friend to sign-up for Summer Reading - earn 15 minutes.
- Come to a program at the Library - earn 15 minutes.
- Bring a friend to a program at the Library - earn 15 minutes.
- Read to someone - earn 15 minutes.
Summer Reading Events for Teens
You can register to attend an event starting two weeks before it.