- Lexington Public Library accepts all donations.
- Donations may be dropped at all Lexington Public Library locations or Friends Book Cellar during business hours.
- Questions, call (859) 231-5505.
- We also accept financial donations to support our Library Foundation  or our Friends of The Library .
- Please note: We have received word that there is a local company selling magazines door-to-door and suggesting that if the individual does not want the magazines for themselves, they can donate them to the Library. Neither the Library nor the Friends of the Library has made any arrangements with this organization. We have asked that they discontinue requesting that magazines be purchased on the Library’s behalf.
Frequently Asked Questions about Donations
Who will take my book donations?
Lexington Public Library; books not used for the Library’s collection are donated to the Friends of the Lexington Public Library.
Where can I donate books?
At any library location or at the Friends Book Cellar (located in the lower level of the Central Library).
When can I donate books?
During library hours.
What types of items can I donate?
We accept all book donations (as well as CDs, videos, DVDs, etc.).
Who benefits from my donations?
Lexington Public Library.
Will you pick up my donation?
As of January 1, 2010 Lexington Public Library staff will no longer go to a customer’s home or business to pick up donations. Donations may still be dropped off at all LPL branches & Friends Book Cellar during their business hours. If donations are made to Friends Book Cellar during their business hours they will help unload the donations and provide a tax exempt form.
Please direct questions to the Friends of the Library at (859) 231-5505.