lexpublib2go - Library Mobile App
Lexington Public Library at your fingertips!
The catalog, My Account, and many other favorite features of the Library website are now available for your smartphone. Search the Library catalog for a title, place holds, renew items you have checked out, and view most of your account information. You can “Ask a Librarian” via email or telephone during normal library hours. Check the calendar for upcoming events, classes, story times, or other programs. Find your nearest Library location and view Library hours. Checkout our book lists and discover new titles. Read our latest social media posts from Facebook or Twitter and update your own reading lists on Goodreads.
- Live Homework Help™
- Overdrive eBooks
- OneClickDigital audiobooks
- Book Look (Check an ISBN to see if we have the book and place a hold)
- BookCheck (Check out an item using your smartphone)
The mobile catalog offers a great new way to find items – just type the first couple of letters for each word to get results. Type “row gob” for J.K. Rowling’s “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.” For “Gossip Girl” titles, type ”gos gi”. To find a specific “Gossip Girl” title, like “Because I’m Worth It,” you only have to type “gos gi be.”
Download lexpublib2go for free on your mobile device today!
The lexpublib2go app is also freely available for most smart phone or tablet devices through their application stores.
Can I use the Library from my smartphone or other Web-enabled mobile device?
Yes. The Library has a free mobile application (app). Access your Library account, find the nearest Library location, search the catalog and browse for books, CDs and DVDs from wherever you are.
Will it work on my phone?
The app works on all major smartphones, including iPhone, Android, and Windows Mobile.
How do I get the app?
Visit lex.boopsie.com on your mobile device or scan the QR code on the right.
The app is free from any source.
What does it do?
- Smart prefix search - Enter the first few letters of a word or phrase to search the catalog. For example, entering "ha pot g" into the search box finds "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". Search by title or author or both.
- Search the Library's calendar - Learn about upcoming events and classes.
- Library locator - All Library locations include links to an interactive map.
- Ask a Librarian - Contact us by email or phone. (Text message and instant messaging coming soon.)
- Check your account - Reserve and renew books, CDs and DVDs.
- Download eBooks and audiobooks - All digital downloads are free.
- Stay connected - Visit the Library's Facebook, Twitter, and Goodreads accounts.
Need help using the app?
Call us at 859-231-5500.
Can't install or run the app?
Get technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org.