- Events & Classes
- About the Library
- Contact Us
- Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan
- Board of Trustees
- Library Cable Channel
- Meeting Rooms
- Friends of The Library
- Library Foundation
- Donate to the Library
- Requests For Proposals
- Community Partnerships
- Hours Of Operation
- Central Library
- Beaumont Branch
- Eagle Creek Branch
- Northside Branch
- Tates Creek Branch
- Village Branch
- Using the Library
Book A Librarian
Speak with a professional librarian for one-on-one consultation. Please submit the Book A Librarian Appointment Request Form or call (859) 231-5500 during business hours to schedule an appointment. Consultations are scheduled from Monday through Thursday and typically last 30 to 45 minutes.
Please note: We will do our best to honor your Book A Librarian request. However, due to staff expertise and availability, your preferred Library location may be unable to provide assistance on a given topic. In this case, your request may be referred to a different Library location or declined. We appreciate your understanding.
We can help with many kinds of research. Typical requests include:
- Research a topic.
- Research genealogy and local history. (Central Library only)
- Learn to download ebooks to your digital device.
- Get more from the library's catalog or databases.
- Finding a good read, for you, your children, or your bookgroup.
- Take a tour of the library and learn about the materials and resources we provide - Groups welcomed!
- Job assistance: We offer help with job searching, resume and cover letter writing, and filling out job applications.
- Thematic Units Reader’s Advisory: We can help teachers/child care workers/homeschoolers and parents locate books based on a theme and age range.
Some things we are unable to help with:
- We do not provide medical, legal or business advice or opinions.
- We cannot type or proofread your documents.
- We do not offer technical support or troubleshooting except when it relates to library resources.
If you would like help with computer classes or additional job services please use the following links:
Frequently asked questions:
Who is eligible to make an appointment?
This service is available to all individuals, organizations and businesses.
Where do I go?
Please come to the reference desk for your scheduled consultation.
Who will be helping me?
Your information needs will determine who is best suited to assist you.
How long will the appointment be?
Each appointment will last approximately 30-45 minutes.
I need to cancel my appointment.
Please call (859) 231-5500 or email your Book A Librarian contact as soon as you can to cancel an appointment.