- Events & Classes
- Contact Us
- Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan
- Board of Trustees
- Library Cable Channel
- Mission Statement
- Strategic Plan
- Meeting Rooms
- Friends of The Library
- Library Foundation
- Donate to the Library
- Requests For Proposals
- Community Partnerships
- Hours Of Operation
- Central Library
- Beaumont Branch
- Eagle Creek Branch
- Northside Branch
- Tates Creek Branch
- Village Branch
- Using the Library
The Lexington Public Library is becoming a vital force for economic development in our community. Every sector of the business community benefits from the Library’s information and services. The Library continues to make a real impact on Fayette County and the lives of diverse members of the community especially for new immigrants learning English in order to get a job, college students learning to write resumes or interview for jobs, new business owners doing market research as well as established companies that require access to print and electronic resources.
The Library Foundation focuses on raising unrestricted dollars from the private sector for the enhancement of Library programs and the financing of special projects. A donation to the Lexington Public Library Foundation is a meaningful way for your corporation or business to partner with a unique, community-focused organization and to support the efforts of the library to make sure Lexington/Fayette County continues as a thriving area in which to live and do business. So consider helping us ensure the future of a fundamental economic development tool -- your library.
Libraries are more than just houses for books – they are public learning spaces. They’re places where passions develop, lives take shape, and new discoveries are made. The Lexington Public Library provides access to information, supports lifelong learning and makes an impact on the lives of both children and adults.
When you become a Corporate Partner and make a gift to the Lexington Public Library Foundation, you help ensure that the library will continue to fulfill its mission for generations to come, and that it will remain a valuable asset to our city. The Corporate Partners group is a Leadership Initiative and its members will help provide funding for a variety of activities and resources; some that include:
- Building an endowment for the Library
- The Library’s digitization program
- Baby’s First Library Card
Why should you consider becoming a member of the Corporate Partners?
- It is an opportunity for your company or business to advertise your name. The Library will publish an annual ad in the newspaper, include your company’s name in its monthly calendar that goes out to over 4,000 patrons, plus your company’s name will be included on the Library’s cable access channel that is viewed by over 60,000+ people.
- Libraries are not controversial; it is easy to support from a marketing perspective.
- Companies can usually find funding from their advertising budget- consider which Library project has an advertising component and designate your support for that project.
- Companies like to fund organizations that will benefit their employees; the Library is willing to send someone to your company to sign up employees for library cards and share information about the services and programs available to anyone free of charge.
- Support your local community.